Positive and Negative Transference Challenges – 2 Day Workshop
at Clean Break, Kentish Town, London.
The aim of this workshop is to raise practitioners awareness of the sometimes inevitable challenges when clients “fall in love” with their practitioners, become overly dependent and/or develop negative transferences. The workshop will provide the practitioner with some understanding of their own challenges related to this issue and skills and strategies to work with these situations to protect both their professional standing and the work with their clients and the healing relationship.
Subjects that will be covered will include:
- Theoretical approaches to understanding and working with transference and how they are relevant to this.
- Gestalt approaches to the relationship with clients.
- Issues of shame and transparency.
- Recognising borderline issues/clients.
- Cultural differences.
- Practitioners own histories and present circumstances and their possible impact on the client/practitioner relationship.
- Role-play, discussion and exploration of practitioners own feelings and experiences.
- Differences between psychotherapeutic and healing/guiding relationships.
This weekend is suitable for both students and qualified practitioners in the field of healing/spiritual counselling and complementary therapies of any kind.